Wednesday, April 15, 2009

BEST DRESSED IN ANY ROOM ANYWHERE. PERIOD.


I say this with complete and absolute conviction and will not be swayed against my opinion. Dita von Teese is the best dressed woman in the public eye today.


Wearing the Spring Dolce and Gabbana...I muffled a shriek when I saw this picture.


Old school golden Hollywood Marlene Dietrich worthiness being channeled in full force here.


The sexy Mad Hatter.


Merry old English.
I adore that her real name was Heather Sweet...either way, it sounds good! Plus, you know, I feel a great affinity to anybody named Heather.


Her book Burlesque and the Art of the Teese is quite good. Part one is Burlesque, all pinks and feathers and the giggling smirking innocence of the stylish act. Part two is Fetish, the darker, more S&M, whip, slave me basement ball and chains side.
Consider it a good summertime read.

She always looks so completely tailored and pulled together. You will never find her walking around in a mini skirt with a trucker cap. Dita belongs to another era but I am glad she is a part of my era as she constantly inspires me.



Listening to:
-Duran Duran Girls on Film
*This was one of my favorite songs in high school. For my senior year of Spanish class, we had to keep a journal where we were supposed to write a couple of pages completely en Espanol. I had a bad (make that terrible) case of senioritis. I sat there and translated my favorite song lyrics. At that moment in time, Duran Duran's Girls on Film was one of my favorites. That, and a song by Bauhaus (She's in Parties) and I think David Bowie was on that list too.
Love to you all,
Heather

No comments: