Sunday, March 22, 2009

They Finally Did It


I am very happy to report that my school has allowed me a fashion column in our newspaper The Echo. This is something that I have been pushing for since January and finally, I will be able to write something I really care about. This is opposed to the current articles I've written which while they aren't bad, I just have no zeal for.
Wow.
Yay! Yay! Yay!
Ahem, so anyway, my goals for this column are...
1) Classic and structured
Like the timeless little black dress, this column will focus on fashions that in my beliefs are forever and if not forever, then at least easy to wear a couple decades later. The phrase "Ugg boots" will not enter unless it is in a bashing sense.


2) Bright and Optimistic
You know those really sunny warm days where all you want to do is walk around outside going nowhere just to soak up the sun? I want my column to reflect that yes times are difficult but one should still see the glass as half full rather than empty. I won't advise people to purchase nothing but $700 Christian Louboutins and I won't discourage the choice either. I will push readers to go shopping because right now, it really is the best way to contribute to our country.


3) Abstract and Arty
Fashion does not have to be fully comprehended. It's the odd, unique pieces that gets people talking and sparks intrigue. Inspire!


4) Kinks Aren't a Bad Thing
It's actually quite sexy and modern. If I can slip it in under the radar, you know I will. Hell, I'll get it in there radar or no.


5) Celebrate!
It's fun! It's new! It's well written! Have a cocktail or two. Have a couple while writing just to see the results. Seriously, writing while drunk is a great time.


6) Crazy is As Crazy Do
Have you ever seen some of the clothes I love? Or that others love? It's a mad, mad, mad world out there and I fucking love it to bits.


7) Keepin' It Real (Like a Cardboard Box)
Overall, I want this column to project a youthful air that signifies that while the times we live in are a'changin', they are our time. There won't be another quite like it and we make our lives what they are.

That's all for now. Time to work on an actual assigned story.

Love to you all,
Heather

No comments: