Sunday, November 16, 2008

Procrastinating, as usual


It's nearly 3am and I'm still awake, fumbling with a paper due by midnight tomorrow about my service project. Normally I enjoy writing papers for class and look forward to them. But this one is a bit different. Nearly every piece I've turned in so far has had a humorous slant or has been outright funny. This one is a lot more bleak and introspective, showing a side of myself to the rest of the class that I'm sure they don't know about.
My service learning project was volunteer work at Holy Trinity church, down the street from my school. I met many interesting characters there. Reading back on the journal I kept, I found myself smiling at the good times and growing somber at the more disappointing ones.
I really liked what I did and I truly wish I could continue working there. But I'm back to my supergirl lifestyle. Do it all and make it look effortless.


I've been thinking about high school a lot lately. Even though it wasn't too terribly long ago, it feels like another lifetime to me. I would not call it the best years of my life at all. Keira Knightley (above) reminds me of how I felt in high school. I did not have school spirit whatsoever. I was not interested in my classmates as much as I was in my books. Most days I preferred for the day to be over.
My big story I'm working on (the one I've been tooling with since February) has a female protagonist who is currently a senior in her high school. I've been doing my best to give her mind the kind of mindset an 18 year old has; old enough to be considered an adult but still immature enough to say or act by impulse or through the heart. She can't be right about everything, she gets flaws and fucks up like everybody else.
Even though it's only beginning to scratch the plot's surface, I feel quite confident about the story.

Quantum of Solace was a decent Bond film. It was much shorter than I imagined it would be.
Next Friday is my Twilight night...the 13 year old in me is going to be out in full force this week. I need to start planning an appropriate outfit for the movie.

Love to you all,
Heather

No comments: