Monday, August 31, 2009

September Rising



Summertime, you were short and beyond sweet. Thanks for all the laughs and good times! See the rest of my previous entries to find out more info on what else happened to me this summer.

Onward to my favorite season, fall and the impending events on the way:

*I got my second job today as a writing tutor! I am beyond excited for it, this is completely up my alley and I naturally enjoy assisting my friends with their papers.

*In two weeks, I start my volunteer work with the soup kitchen again. I'm so happy they are willing to have me back on board again because I really had a great time the last time I helped out. You meet an unbelievable amount of unique and intriguing people there and I miss all of the regulars.



*Movies I'm looking forward to include: An Education (see above picture), Where the Wild Things Are and Sherlock Holmes (I actually know the guy who made the trailer for that movie which rocks).

* I am rediscovering my love for Slipknot's "Vermillion" again and while it isn't a song for everyone, I like it. It has its definite good moments particularly the ending. "She isn't real, she isn't real. I can't make her real..."



*Christina Hendricks as Joan Holloway on "Mad Men" is an excellent actress and absolutely beautiful! I find her to be one of my many fall style inspirations and I'm definitely doing an article in my school's newspaper for the fashion column on the delicious clothes in that show.

*"Brian, I'm one!" -Stewie's response when Brian says that he is too old for a teddy bear, haha!

*Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew. It's my life elixir if you wanna get all Gameboy speak about it.




*Looking forward to a very favorite pair of stilettos from home being mailed over soon! They are gorgeous, black and silver with a round toe and a tall, tall heel. Remarkably comfortable too.

*A tentative (very, very tentative) schedule for the rest of the year includes:
Christmas Break- Las Vegas
Spring Break- San Francisco
May/Graduation- London and Scotland (super tentative but I am finger crossing like you wouldn't believe that everything works out!)

Love to you all,
Heather

No comments: