Sunday, February 1, 2009

Five Beautiful Men

I have a wandering eye when it comes to guys. Most of the time when viewing guys in my general age group, I have a tendency to quickly size them up and literally the next word to enter my head is either:
a) hmm...
or
b) next

Nearly 90% of the time I go with the latter.
But then the men enter the room and suddenly, I am snapping to attention. As many who know me well (or have a class with me, I'm pretty outspoken) know I just love guys older. And when I say older, I mean 30-late 40's range.
So in honor of the upcoming VD, 5 men I find utterly irrestible.


Your guess is as good as mine in how I came about discovering James Dean. I really don't remember it at all. I think it was a photo somebody had and showed me. I remember I bought a puzzle of him and I would obsessively put it together and pull it apart and then do it over again. Then I bought a poster and I remember my Mom saw it and said, "Huh, I didn't know you liked James Dean Heather."
Oh, parents.
This poster I have hanging in my room right above my dresser with the books, teapot, and crow painting. One night when I was extremely drunk, I remember looking at it and in that bizarre way our minds work when we've been past our limits (the drunken philosopher mode) I could not understand how such a handsome talented man had to have his life end before it truly began.
I also recall thinking that I could feel, really feel, the fibers in his shirt even though this was just a piece of paper and I almost rubbed my hand against it.


Schindler's List is one of the few movies I cry openly during. I cried in class (but kept it in my hoodie sleeves so it looked like I was napping), I cried when I watched it alone once and my Mom came into my room and sat with me as I bawled throughout the film. (She had to hold me a couple of times...but then again, I was 12).
In any case, Mr. Ralph Fiennes was in this film and as most of the viewers can agree, he was a despicable character.
But then I saw The Constant Gardener and of course, I crushed hard.
He's refined. He's British. He's lovely.


It is all because of Melissa that Robert Downey Jr. is my top crush.
Had she not of opened her mouth this summer and said, "Yeah but Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man? Holy shit, he is hot! Go see that movie."
If she had never said that, if she had never pointed out the picture in the Rolling Stone I was looking at, I might never have truly known about him. Ignorance is bliss as they say.
To be ignorant about this would not be bliss. To be ignorant of this finely sculpted gorgeous man would be fucking awful!
I watched Chaplin and loved it. The man is a truly gifted actor and the ultimate comeback kid. Who didn't root for him to succeed?
But I gotta say, it really didn't hit me until I saw Tropic Thunder. Yes, that's right. A man in black face I found dead sexy. I'm telling you, I don't have a type. It's all over the damn board.
So yeah...
I fucking love Robert Downey Jr.


There is a scene in Superbad where Jonah Hill says that to hook up with his crush Jules, he says he would do terrible things to be with her.
Let me tell you something, dear reader...
I would do postively dirty, disgusting, raunchy, things to be with Mr. Mortensen whom I did not find at all attractive in Lord of the Rings. It was that Russian Mafia film Eastern Promises that did it for me...and then all of a sudden, I was like "Everybody in the house, give me all of the LOTR films!" (Still didn't do it for me though).
And if I were lucky enough to meet him, I can guarantee you I would probably lose my cool and just be super giggly and girly and so that twisty thing I do with my hair that I've been doing lately.
But seriously just look at him! I'm telling you, this is exactly the type of man I'm looking for. One who is stronger than me (I'm really sick of being the strong one around wimpy guys who are all "need to figure out what I want" bullshit) and who looks like he would just throw me up against a wall.
To quote Miss Lady GaGa, "I like it rough."


A true classic. Johnny Depp was my first crush in 6th grade and up until last summer, held the crowning spot of cutest males. I've riddled many a journal with his name and created several crush collages. I love him in his weirdo roles (Edward Scissorhands, The Man Who Cried, Sleepy Hollow) and I am not a fan of his Jack Sparrow in POTC.
Seriously, as much as I'm glad he was nominated for an Oscar, I was very happy he lost it. Because that movie just did not showcase his full acting range.
And because I'm always partial to the indie films.

Okay, I spent a sufficient amount of time not doing my homework so I think it's time to wrap it up, do some religion homework, watch the rest of the Flavor of Love Roast, and go to sleep.

Love to you all,
Heather

No comments: