Sunday, November 2, 2008

When The Rebel Took The Little Child Bride to TJ


Badass fucking super brilliance, all hail Lady GaGa! AKA Stefani Gabriella Germanotta, she is single handedly rebirthing the pop genre of music. I like quite a few of her songs especially "Love Games", with the line "I want to take a ride on your disco stick." She started out as a brunette but changed her hair color to blonde after being mistaken for Amy Winehouse one too many times. Her fashion sense is wild, think part David Bowie during the Ziggy Stardust era (she's really into painting stars on her face) and a splash of Christina Aguilera (who looked like a GaGa clone at the VMAs, not sure if she was ripping off the look or what) and a whole lot of fabulous drag queen gorgeousness mixed in.




This is "Influence" a coffee table book written by none other than the Olsen twins, Mary Kate and Ashley. I can't say that either girl is a personal fashion icon of mine but I do admire them for the risks they take. This book I have a serious desire to buy immediately, I'm a big fan of the coffee table book. Plus, I read an excerpt and none other than Mr. Karl Lagerfeld is in an interview with the pair. Tres chic!


A look at the table of contents of "Influence". The John Stamos part cracks me up.



This dress is by Christian Lacroix. I call it "Dracula's Bride", a dress that feels like it would have fit in nicely in Francis Ford Coppola's "Dracula". The dark eye makeup and puffed silk sleeves appeal to the 13 year old goth version of myself, a part of my fashion evolution that I always look back on with a smile, not a shudder.


Where did this interest in Billy Idol come from? Since I've been living in California, I've been spending a great deal of time listening to The Smiths and Billy Idol. Idol I listened to during late October, remembering the tongue-in-cheek humorous video "Cradle of Love." I have a real obsession with the whole Lolita complex and May/December romances. Stems from me watching "Lolita" in my bedroom repeatedly in the 5th grade, I am currently rereading the book.
"White Wedding" I really like because lately I feel there is a real wedding theme around me (not that I ever plan on ever getting married). Let's see, the beautifully shot letcaliforniaring commericals of the woman unable to marry her true love, the story about my parents wedding I wrote for Nonfiction class, the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where Charlie is shooting a gun and wearing a wedding gown from a pawn shop, the incident with me and a wedding dress on eBay, the Lacroix creation above.
Am I secretly a romantic beneath my pessimistic outlook? Certainly the characters I write about are.



This is my current lust object. Made by Loop NYC, a company famous for its Andy Warhol tote bags, I have wanted this bag since my senior year of high school when my friend Kelsey had one. The lining is green silk and the bag is 8"by 9"5" in depth. I am in a fierce bidding war with another person to win it, hope I emerge the victor!

On The Rise:
-black and gold anything, these two colors seem to be my theme lately.
-ballerinas, they are all fluid elegance and grace.

Listening to:
-Beck Timebomb
-The Fortune Tailors Les Roses
-Lady GaGa Paparazzi

Love to you all,
Heather

No comments: