Wednesday, December 23, 2009
*warning: I am awful at tagging/linking people to notes. Sorry if it doesn't go through!
Intrinsically Florrie very kindly awarded me the Beautiful Blogger award which is all sorts of awesome and amazing! Thanks again darling!
Here are the rules that came with the award:
1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.
Now to talk about myself...
1) I have fixations with the following items: men's dress shirts, white roses, In n Out grilled cheeses, going through my mail, writing in my day planner and watching Daria episodes on constant replay.
2) My eyes get talked about often. They are a mix between blue and green depending on the lighting. They are also very big, like a cartoon anime girl. I had a caricaturist draw me once and he did me as Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon. It is one of my most treasured pictures.
3) Porcelain makes me shiver anytime I touch it.
4) When I used to work at Panera Bread, I consistently stole drinks all of the time. At any given moment, there would be about 3 or 4 drinks floating around the store that were all mine. I hid them fairly well. A chai tea would be behind the box of mocha mix. An iced caramel latte behind the whipped cream in the fridge. Mountain Dew in the back of the store by the coffee machines and my personal favorite, iced tea underneath a stack of soup cups. Never got caught once.
5) I have a definite Midwestern accent and an even more prominent lisp. When you combine the pair, all of your vowels are lower than the consonants. There was a time when I could have had the lisp fixed but I was in grade school and you know how kids are at that age. I would be teased forever. So I kept it and to this day, the word "cheese" is my enemy. I have a difficult time saying it.
6) One summer before I came to the school I currently attend, I watched Dazed and Confused every single day about three times a day. I would go into work and spout off "Melba toast", "Slatterson" and "George Washington was in a cult and the cult was aliens, man" quotes throughout my entire 7 hour shifts. (That had to annoy some people though they never said it to my face). I almost wrote my college entrance essay "Describe a movie/book/art piece that changed your life" on that movie. I'm fairly surprised that I didn't do it because I could have spent a page alone describing how I felt when that first couple beats of Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" starts up at the beginning of the film.
7) My heritage is English, Welsh, German and Native American.
Nominations Go To:
Des in Real Life
House of Harps
MT Days & Nights
Lastly, I also decided to hop aboard the Tumblr train with a Tumblr account of my own. Choo choo. One of my favorite friends at my school and I are on it to escape from our classmates and this site is seriously addicting so go here...
...and you might create an account too!
Love to you all,