Friday, July 10, 2009

Emma Stone and "Foux Da Fafa"



The many different ensembles worn by Emma Stone, most memorable for playing Jules in Superbad. My personal favorites are the middle Di Hera dress and the far right gray dress. Gold, girl. You wear it well.



This is from Flight of the Conchords, the little HBO gem about two New Zealand folk artists, Bret and Jemaine, who come to find success in the United States under the fumbling but well-meaning hand of their band manager Murray.
In this clip, Bret and Jemaine sing a little French ditty called "Foux Da Fafa" as they try to woo the bakery shop girls into falling for them. When translated, Foux is basically composed of the simplest conversational French possible, with plenty of baguettes and the occasional French male actor name dropped.

I would like a croissant.
I am delighted.
Where is the library?
Here’s my passport.
Ah, Gerard Depardieu.
A baguette!
A baguette!

And now the trip to the supermarket.
Grapefruit
Pineapple
Orange juice
Beef
Soup of the day
Camembert
Jacques Cousteau
Baguette!

Hello.
Hello.
Hello.
Hello, mister.
Hello my small foreign currency exchange office.

How are you doing?
I’m doing okay.
How are you doing?
I’m doing okay.
VoilĂ ! A conversation in the park!

Where is the book?
At the library.
And the dance music?
At the dance club.
And the dance clubs?
It’s here, baby!
One, two, one, two, three, four!

Where is the swimming pool?
Pardon me?
Where is the swimming pool?
Uh…
Splish splosh
Uh…
Eh…
I don’t understand.
Do you speak the French?
Eh?
Do you speak the French?
Uh … no.
Hmmmm.


It's still very funny and cute. This one and "Bowie" are probably my favorite songs by the Conchords.
And before I forget it, Habitat for Humanity was amazing! I am proud to say that there is now a house with a window panel that I helped hammer in. Got to saw wood, drill holes, hammer nails, all that handy craftsman work that when I was a kid, I thought of every possible excuse to avoid doing.
Our service sites are coming along nicely for service day too. I literally want to do like, three of them right now but I'm very certain I'm going to do "Boo at the Zoo" at the Santa Barbara Zoo. It's all about getting the zoo wings ready for my favorite holiday, Halloween, by painting and sculpting. Oh yeah!
I also think I better start doing that Monday night soup kitchen volunteer work again. It was alot of fun and I met some pretty cool characters (ahem, Michael the lust object) there. Volunteering also fills me with satisfaction, knowing that I stepped outside of my comfort bubble to help others and enjoyed it all the while. The stories that other people have are fantastic too, all unique and interesting. I think I do it more to hear the stories of others sometimes. Not that's a bad thing. I have a notebook filled with old stories I've heard at the soup kitchen.

Love to you all,
Heather

2 comments:

Sheridan said...

haha i love your blog! I love flight of the conchords too! It's such an amazing show. If you want to check out my fashion blog it's:
http://dontgimmenolipchild.blogspot.com/

love it!
:)

Heather Taylor said...

Thanks m'dear!