Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Some Seriously Glamorous Dancing Summer Tunes


I am a techno junkie. Always have been, always will be.
I used to stay up until 3am watching Europop videos on MTV2 Dance.
I'm a big fan of the DJ and groups especially Felix da Housecat, BT, Paul van Dyk, Ian Van Dahl, Moby, Ferry Corsten, IIO, Narcotic Thrust, Tomcraft, and Royksopp.
Energy 98 and Fusion Radio Chicago are two of my favorite radio stations.
I seriously know my shit when it comes to dance music.
If you ever put me on that MTV show Made, I would want to be a DJ for a day. Actually, I've kind of wanted to be a DJ for awhile. We had one in high school for the dances that was really horrible. It's all about the beat, the vibe and the merging of songs seamlessly into one another, no big pauses people!

That aside, this summer I've been on the hunt for some good dance tunes and I found two great ones.
Alcazar's Burning just makes you want to get up and dance on top of your bed, down the street, on top of a bar, wherever. Moving and shaking, it's really grand!



Booty Luv never fails to bring back that retro dancehall vibe of the past. Already on a roll with hits like Boogie 2Nite, Some Kinda Rush, Don't Mess with My Man, and Shine, they can add a 5th to their list.
Got no time for no romance
Kick off my shoes and let me dance

Hello, my mantra.

Love to you all,
Heather

2 comments:

Zarna said...

yay for dj-ing!

-zarna
http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

Heather Taylor said...

For reals, always and forever!